New research shows that employers around the world value staff who understand the role of culture at work. Source: www.britishcouncil.org
What do employers understand by ‘intercultural skills ?
- Ability to understand different cultural contexts and viewpoints.
- Respect for others’ and ‘adapting to different cultural settings
- Accepting cultural differences
- Speaking foreign languages
- Open to new ideas and ways of thinking
How do employers evaluate job candidates for intercultural skills?
- Strong communication throughout the interview and selection process
- The ability to speak foreign languages
- Demonstration of cultural sensitivity in the interview
- Experience studying overseas
- Experience working overseas